EADTU Summit 2015
On 23 April 2015, the Board of EADTU organised the third special Summit on "innovating higher education by new modes of teaching and learning" in Brussels with the support of the European Commission.
The Summit (see programme) dealt with a systemic approach to applying new modes of teaching and learning and with the question about how this will change the landscape of European higher education. The implementation of new modes of teaching and learning requires new pedagogies, but also institutional strategies and frameworks. It can neither be successful without a strong motivation of a professional teaching staff, nor without a continuous commitment from the top management of a higher education institution.
The Summit was attended by some 60 participants from the European Commission, members of the European Parliament, members of the national delegations for the EU, university networks and other stakeholders (enterprises, social partners).
Please find below the presentations which were given at the Summit.
- Conclusions EADTU-EU Summit 2015
- Antonio Teixeira, President EDEN, Professor at Universidade Aberta, the Portuguese Open University - Challenges for Research in Open and Distance Learning
- Paul Rullmann, Chair SURF, Association for ICT in Dutch higher education and research - Transforming Education; how to take the next steps
- Anja Oskamp, President EADTU, Rector Open University in the Netherlands - Flexible education and the future
- Mark Brown, Director National Institute for Digital Learning - Empowering European universities in their transition to new modes of teaching and learning
- Antoine Rauzy, President FIED-France - MOOCs Strategies in Europe