EADTU Summit 2014
On 2 April 2014, the Board of EADTU organised the second special Summit on open and flexible higher education in Brussels with the support of the European Commission.
The meeting was attended by some 70 participants from the European Commission, members of the European Parliament, members of the national delegations for the EU, university networks and other stakeholders (enterprises, social partners).
The Summit (see program) was directly linked to the 'Opening up Education' EC initiative which aims to fully exploit the potential of open and online learning for future proof education, skills and jobs.
Please find below the presentations which were given at the Summit.
- Summit conclusions
- Anja Oskamp, Open University the Netherlands - EMPOWERing European universities in their transition to online and flexible education
- Ana Carla Pereira, European Commission - Open and Online Learning and the Modernisation Agenda for European Higher Education
- Jeff Haywood, University of Edinburgh - Changing Pedagogical Landscapes
- Eva Gjerdrum, Norway Opening Universities - National developments in online higher education in Norway; recommendations of the MOOC Commission
- Mark Brown, Dublin City University - A BOLD Agenda for Higher Education
- Fred Mulder, Open University the Netherlands - Vision Values for OOLT